We get that you might be wary of sharing your car journey with a stranger, so here are…
5 ways to stay safe
KentJourneyshare is designed to be as safe as possible. Our service has helped thousands of successful lifts take place, and we’ve sparked numerous new friendships. But it still pays to follow some common sense tips when you organise a lift…
- Avoid exchanging your full name or address before you’ve met someone. We will never share these details ourselves.
- Make good use of the secure messaging on KentJourneyshare before your lift, and only agree to a lift if you’re happy.
- Some members choose to show each other their IDs – e.g. passports, student cards or driving licences – so they know they’re travelling with the right person.
- You’re never under obligation to take a lift. If you don’t feel comfortable, don’t go through with the lift – even if it’s been agreed.
- As with any activity that involves meeting new people, it’s advisable to meet in a public place the first time. It’s always a good idea to let friends and family know your plans, too.