June 9th-17th is bike week! Celebrate with us by cycling to work and view your commute from a new perspective.
Medway Cycling Festival are holding a host of cycling events to help you switch to two wheels, including led rides and family fun events.
Check the national Bike Week events calendar to see if an event is happening near you… or have a go and organise your own event such as:
- Bike breakfast: reward those who have cycled to work with a coffee and pastry! After all, they say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Dr Bike: work with your local bike shop or bike recycling centre to perform bike health checks and tune ups.
- Buddy ride: arrange to meet colleagues or friends and show them the easiest route to ride to work, the shops etc.
- Social ride: organise a social / fun ride for new cyclists in your area. You’ll meet new people, have fun together and encourage more people to get out and cycle. After all cycling with friends is more fun.
- Raise money for charity: get together with friends and make up your own cycle challenge to raise money for good causes.