Covid-19 Government Guidance:
As restrictions are lifted and we continue to follow the government’s roadmap bringing us out of lockdown, the advice remains to work from home if you can and travel as little as possible.
The latest government guidelines are:
- The rule of 6 or 2 households applies when meeting indoors
- Up to 30 people can meet outside
- Work from home if you can and minimise travel
- If you have symptoms get a test and stay at home
- Hands: regularly wash and sanitise your hands.
- Face: wear a face covering in indoor settings unless you are exempt.
- Space: stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible.
Of course, travel is still a necessary part of our lives, and if you cannot work from home, you should continue to travel to your workplace. Exercise is also extremely important, with a walk, run or cycle in your local area being a great way of improving your mental and physical wellbeing.
Current government advice promotes walking and cycling wherever possible, so how about downloading our journey planner to help you get around on foot or cycle. It also features many of Explore Kent’s walks to get you inspired. Another great recent feature to the app has been the addition of Kent’s public rights of way network to help you get around. For regular users of the app, you will need to download the update via the Apple Store or Google Play to access these great new additions!
If you are using public transport, please remember that it is a legal requirement to wear a face mask unless you are exempt.
Buses and coaches
For individual revised timetables and coronavirus travel advice please visit the websites below:
For National Rail coronavirus travel advice please visit the website below:
For local advice for travelling on Southeastern trains, please visit the website
Other useful websites